The case surrounding the tragic death of actress and model Humaira Asghar continues to unfold, as Karachi police broaden the scope of their investigation.
Her decomposed body was found on July 8 in a flat located in the Defence area of Karachi, prompting shock, speculation, and calls for justice from the entertainment community and public alike.
Flat owner speaks out
In an exclusive interview with Samaa TV, Mirwaiz Khan, the owner of the flat where the body was discovered, shared important details. He revealed that Humaira had rented the apartment in December 2018 for Rs40,000 per month. The rental agreement was to be renewed in 2019, but according to him, she neither renewed the contract nor agreed to an increase in rent.
Mirwaiz said he had limited contact with the actress, communicating only via WhatsApp. Humaira last paid rent in May 2024 and shared screenshots as confirmation. Despite multiple notices and legal action filed in 2021, she refused to vacate the flat, even after a court decision in Mirwaiz’s favour was issued in September 2023. He said he could not contact Humaira despite repeated attempts.
Two complaints from neighbours about frequent quarrels and unpaid maintenance fees had also been reported. Mirwaiz added that after waiting for at least a couple of months post-verdict, he approached the civil court again. A magistrate was finally dispatched to execute the court's order, but to everyone's shock, Humaira’s lifeless body was found in the flat.
Timeline of silence and missed alarms
Fashion stylist Danish Maqsood, who last worked with Humaira on a photoshoot dated October 2, 2024, claimed that all communication with her ceased after that day. He said he posted on social media trying to reach out but received no response.
Attempts to speak with the actress’s neighbours were unsuccessful, as residents are unwilling to comment on the matter, possibly out of fear or respect for privacy.
Police interrogate multiple people
Police officials have confirmed that the cause of death remains undetermined, with forensic and postmortem results still awaited. Meanwhile, investigators have shortlisted 10 individuals from the contact list found on Humaira’s phone.
So far, two individuals have undergone preliminary questioning, and authorities have also interrogated the building’s former watchman, who had since left the job. He was questioned specifically regarding any disputes involving the actress and possible drug-related activity.
Police have confirmed that more people will be called in for questioning on Monday, as they continue to piece together the final months of the actress’s life.







