Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi on Tuesday rejected what he termed “baseless propaganda” about the eyesight of PTI founder Imran Khan.
He assured that every possible medical facility is being provided under the Constitution and prison rules.
Speaking to the media in Lahore, Mohsin Naqvi said misinformation was deliberately spread regarding Imran Khan’s eyesight.
He claimed that some anchors even suggested the PTI founder had lost his entire eye — an assertion he described as “against the facts.”
According to the minister, Imran Khan’s own doctors confirmed that he is receiving the best available medical treatment in jail.
Transparency in medical examination
Naqvi emphasized that the government believes in transparency. He said authorities had asked the PTI leadership to suggest the name of any personal doctor if they wanted further clarity in the medical examination process.
He stated that the government sought the name of a non-political doctor and even allowed for a family representative to accompany the medical team.
The government proposed the name of Dr. Qasim Zaman. Later, a demand emerged to shift Imran Khan to a hospital for a week.
Naqvi said this decision would depend entirely on doctors’ recommendations — whether the stay should be for one week or two.
The interior minister also addressed political developments, saying contacts with the opposition did not begin after a letter by Mahmood Khan Achakzai.
He maintained that the government had already been in touch with opposition leaders prior to that letter and remains committed to serious negotiations and resolving issues through dialogue.
Jail facilities and legal provisions
Naqvi reiterated that the government made it clear from the beginning that every prisoner would receive full medical facilities as guaranteed under the Constitution and law.
He stressed that the same principle applies in the case of the PTI founder.
The minister further claimed that jails are providing more facilities than what is required under the law. He invited journalists to visit the jail to see the facilities themselves and remove any doubts.
“If necessary, I can personally take media representatives to the jail so that the matter is clear once and for all,” he said.
During his media talk, Naqvi referred to Article 15 while discussing road closures, emphasizing the importance of maintaining normal daily life.
He said it is everyone’s responsibility to ensure routine activities are not disrupted.
The minister also noted that a court decision has been issued and a report has been sought on February 18.
He claimed that an attempt was made to disrupt the situation in the red zone but authorities controlled it with patience.
“If you want to protest, do it and then you will see the result,” he warned, adding that some individuals are more focused on politics than on the health of the PTI founder.







