Families can travel to the UAE together on a family group visit visa, and children under 18 do not need to pay a visa fee.
Travel experts say that many families choose this visa type because it is easy to apply for and saves them money.
There is no limit on how many children can be included on a family group visit visa, and children who are travelling with only one parent can also get a free visa.
The visa can be for a 30 or 60 days stay, and it can be extended while in the UAE.
The number of family group visit visas being issued is increasing, especially for Indians who want to celebrate Diwali in Dubai.
This visa type was introduced two years ago and is now popular with visitors from all over the world.
- More convenient and cost-effective for families
- No restrictions on the number of children who can apply
- Free visa for children travelling with just one parent
- Available for a 30- or 60-day stay, which can be extended within the country
- Passports and photos for all family members
- Visa fee for parents (service charge for children may vary depending on the travel agency)
- Insurance fees
How to apply
- Submit copies of your passports and photos to a travel agency.
- Pay the visa fee and service charges.
- The travel agency will process your application.
- You will receive your visa within a day or two.
- The family visa can be extended without exiting the country, however, a full visa fee must be paid for children.
- Visitors can extend the family visa for up to 120 days without exiting the country.
Additional details and charges
- The family visa is a popular option for visitors from around the world, especially during the festive season.
- The cost of a 30-day visa for a parent ranges from Dh350 to Dh500, with a service charge and insurance for a child ranging between Dh80 and Dh120.
- A 60-day visa will cost Dh500 to Dh650, with the service charge, including insurance, varying from Dh130 to Dh170.
Tips for applying
- Apply for your visa well in advance of your travel dates.
- Make sure to submit all required documents to the travel agency.
- Review your visa carefully before travelling.