A customer at a Connecticut restaurant was shocked to find a portion of a human finger in her salad.
The woman, who has not been identified, says she was eating at the Chopt location in Mount Kisco, New York, when she bit into something hard and discovered it was a piece of a finger.
The woman is suing the restaurant for negligence and emotional distress. She is also seeking punitive damages.
The lawsuit alleges that a manager at the restaurant accidentally severed a piece of their finger while chopping arugula.
The manager went to the hospital for treatment, but the contaminated greens were served to customers that day.
The woman who found the finger in her salad says she is still traumatized by the experience. She says she has nightmares about it and has had difficulty eating since the incident. The woman is also suing the restaurant for negligence and emotional distress.
The restaurant has not yet commented on the lawsuit.