NEWS DESK: More often than not, you have a pile of leftovers in the kitchen at the end of the day. If you feel sorry dumping all that waste in the bin, here’s how you can reuse the food scraps:
– Don’t like the crust of your sandwiches? Save them and grind them into breadcrumbs.
– Don’t throw away the peel of citrus fruits like oranges. Keeping a small slice of the peel will keep brown sugar from hardening. But ensure that you keep the sugar in the refrigerator to ensure that the peel doesn’t rot.
– Similarly, preserve the peel of apples and add it to tea for a quick pick-me-up. Apple peels are also good to clean aluminium cookware.
– Crush egg shells and put it in your kitchen sink strainer to ensure that all solids get caught easily.
– Apply a used tea bag to bug bites. The tannic acid in the tea acts like an anti-inflammatory.