Monday, June 14, 2021  | 3 ZUL-QAADAH, 1442
HOME > Cricket

Mohammad Amir opens up about retirement decision from international cricket

Pacer believes he can still represent national team in future

SAMAA | - Posted: Apr 26, 2021 | Last Updated: 2 months ago
SAMAA |
Posted: Apr 26, 2021 | Last Updated: 2 months ago

Photo: AFP

Left-arm pacer Mohammad Amir reveals that his decision to retire from international cricket was not ‘selfish’.

The Karachi Kings’ pacer announced his decision in December last year to not represent the national team due to differences with the current management of head coach Misbah-ul-Haq and bowling coach Waqar Younis.

Amir was quoted in a report by Cricwick where he revealed that he might return to the national team in the near future.

“There was nothing selfish about my decision to retire,” he said. “At the moment there is no chance of me making a comeback, but if things get better then, who knows, maybe you will see me playing for Pakistan once again in the future.

“What matters most to me is respect and I felt that I wasn’t getting the respect I deserved and that’s why I took the decision to retire. The people in charge of Pakistan cricket have their job to do, they have their responsibilities and have their decisions to make, and I have my career to continue and look forward to.”

The 29-year-old has represented Pakistan in 36 Tests, 61 ODIs and 50 T20Is where he has managed to collectively claim 259 wickets.

FaceBook WhatsApp

1. Nasr Zia  April 27, 2021 8:41 pm/ Reply

I think you have made many selfish choices in your life, therefore i am not seeing any body respecting you any more. Its better if you leave international cricket and focus on leagues.

2. Ali Ahmad Khan  April 28, 2021 2:41 am/ Reply

I think Muhammad Amir should stay away from our Pakistan cricket for good. Pakistani team is good if he is not part of our team.

3. Sheikh imran  April 28, 2021 12:32 pm/ Reply

Pakistan team doesn’t need players like Amir any more. Let the domestic cricket get full-fledged, talent and hard work will speak itself. After Amir’s come back in cricket… He didn’t prove himself the man he was at the beginning. Leaving aside few performances he lacked the merit be it pace, the line n length, wicket taking capacity etc. Therefore no need of Amir… New bowlers are growing day by day….

4. M Tariq  April 28, 2021 3:05 pm/ Reply

I would be interested to know his statistics since his return? I think when you are playing at international level, discipline is very important and most of Pakistan players lack it. You are not there to only play cricket but you have to show yourself as a role model. Its because you are representing whole nation, you are in front of camera all the time. How you walk, talk , interact, behave and react , it all should matter.
    Its all being part of professionalism. If its just about being good bowler, batsman or fielder etc, I think we can see on almost on every street in Pakistan. For example, Muhammad Asif was an amazing bowler but he lacked professionalism and ended up ruining his own career but damaged country,s name as well.
    So key message is we need Professional players not just good players. I think Pakistan players should get back to basic and learn about thhese basic skills.

5. Moody  April 28, 2021 6:03 pm/ Reply

Please give us amir

6. A cricket fan  May 3, 2021 6:00 pm/ Reply

A very good player who along with Mohammed Asif and Salman Butt, wasted their careers.

FaceBook WhatsApp

peshawar vs lahore 2021,peshawar vs lahore scorecard 2020,lahore vs peshawar who won,peshawar vs lahore qalandar,lahore vs peshawar live streaming,peshawar vs lahore match time,peshawar vs lahore psl live,lahore qalandars,peshawar vs lahore live score,peshawar vs lahore today match,peshawar vs lahore live match,peshawar vs lahore match prediction,samaa tv live,news headlines,pm imran khan live,samaa sports,samaa sports islamabad united

Imran, Tahir star as Multan Sultans down Karachi Kings
UEFA confirms Eriksen ‘stabilised’ after onfield collapse
David Miller reflects on PSL journey with Peshawar Zalmi
PSL 2021: Miller, Kamran star as Zalmi end Gladiators’ run
PSL 2021:  Asif, Musa star as United down Qalandars
Rizwan, Dhani star as Multan Sultans thrash Peshawar Zalmi
Munro, Iftikhar lead United to stunning win over Kings

About Us   |   Anchor Profiles   |   Online Advertising   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Apps   |   FAQs   |   Authors   |   Comment Policy
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   YouTube   |   WhatsApp