Disqualified prime minister Nawaz Sharif wrapped up his four-day homecoming Islamabad-to-Lahore rally Saturday evening. He made several key statements in speeches throughout the four days.
Here are 10 key statements made by the ousted premier.
- You made me the Prime Minister with the power of your vote but five people sent me packing.
- Do you think that the monopoly of a few people should undo the power of 200 million people?
- From 1947 till now, all prime ministers were meted out humiliating treatment. On the other hand, three dictators wasted 30 precious years.
- This country is of 20 crore people, and not the property of a few people. I believe that you will join hands with me and we will go side by side in this struggle.
- Do you accept the humiliation of you prime minister? It has defamed Pakistan in the world. So, shouldnâ€™t a revolution come in Pakistan? Will you support me for the change from the core of your heart? I promise that I will always be loyal with you. Nawaz Sharif will never cheat you.
- You sent Nawaz Sharif to Islamabad as a prime minister, but he was ousted by someone else. Do you agree with this decision? There is no proof of my corruption or misappropriation of state funds.
- I was thrown out because my opponents knew they will have no chance if I succeed in my mission to steer Pakistan out of crisis.
- I had been facing conspiracies for the last three-and-a-half years. Despite that, we put the country on the path of progress. Even those who ousted me from power knew that I wasn't involved in any corruption.
- Even the judges believe that Iâ€™m not involved in corruptionâ€¦ My appeal is only in people's court.
- The boy is the first martyr of our struggle.
Story first published: 13th August 2017