LONDON: The governments of the United Kingdom and Canada have cautioned their citizens against traveling unnecessarily to Pakistan, citing security reasons.
According to details, the UK government has advised its citizens to stay vigilant, keep a low profile and exercise caution while at the Benazir International Airport in Islamabad. The advisory states that the Pakistani government is investigating reports of the planning of an attack on the above stated airport.
The Canadian government cautioned its citizens from traveling unnecessarily to Pakistan due to threats of kidnapping, sectarian violence and terrorism. It further identified the following areas where the government advised its citizens against all travel to:-
- All border areas except Wagah border official crossing point
- Any areas where military and militant activity is reported
- Kashmir region including Azad Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan
- Balochistan and Quetta
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Peshawar, Swat and Khyber Pass
- FATA, Khyber Agency, North and South Waziristan
Story first published: 21st April 2017