ISLAMABAD: The joint opposition in the National Assembly staged a walkout from the National Assembly after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s speech over Panama leaks, Samaa reported.
In a brief speech in the NA, Opposition leader Syed Khurshid Shah expressed resentment over Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s speech for not answering the seven questions already put forth by the opposition parties.
"The explanation given by the prime minister has raised 70 more questions,” Shah said.
He left the house saying: "I would not waste time of the assembly after not receiving the answers".
NA Speaker Ayaz Sadiq asked Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan to address the lower house of the parliament. The PTI chief refused to speak and staged walkout with his fellow opposition members.
Also read: Opposition puts forth seven questions for PM
The opposition had raised seven questions for the prime minister last week.
Following are the questions raised by the opposition:
- Is this true that PM’s children have shares in Ittefaq Sugar Mills and Chaudhry Sugar Mills? And have they filed tax returns on these?
- Have they declared their income particularly from offshore companies?
- What are the names of the offshore companies owned by the PM or his family?
- What is the total number of these companies, bank accounts and the worth of that property?
- What is the interest of PM and his family in Mayfair apartment?
- What is prime minister’s take on the contradictory statements of Kulsoom Nawaz, Hassan Nawaz, Hussain Nawaz and Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan?
- What was the property PM or his family purchased or sold during 1985 to 2016 and was the Premier beneficiary of that?
Published in Pakistan
Story first published: 16th May 2016