A PIA plane from Lahore to Karachi crashed just before arrival on Friday, May 22. A total of 107 people were on board. Two people survived.
Hospitals in the city received the bodies and began the process of identifying them. DNA samples have been taken to be matched with relatives.
Below we give the list of only the names of people who have been identified so far and their names officially released to the media.
This is a developing story.
Warning: This news item and list may be disturbing to read.
Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre received 66 bodies out of which 20 were of females.
List of identified people from JPMC as of 5:40pm on Sunday, May 24:
1. Muhammad Tahir s/o Abdul Mubeen
2. Syeda Saima Imran w/o Imran Hassan
3. Zara Abid d/o Abid Ali
4. Shahnaz Parveen w/o Amanullah Khan
5. Fareeha Basharat w/o Asadullah Khan
6. Sajjad Gull (captain of plane)
7. Farhan s/o Abdul Qadir
8. Dilshad Ahmed s/o Mubeen Ahmed
9. Syed Muhammed Ahmed s/o Syed Jamal Ahmed
10. Nida Waqas d/o Irfanullah
11. Amaar Rashid s/o Rashid Mahmood
12. Shoaib Raza s/o Muhammad Shareef Raza
13. Waqas Tariq s/o Muhammad Tariq
14. Iqra Shahid d/o Shahid
15. Maham Shaharyar w/o Maj. Shaharyar
16. Ilfa Shaheryar d/o Shaharyar
17. Farwa Ali d/o Nadim Ali
18. Ch. Fareed s/o Parvez Ahmed
19. Rizwana Khatoon
20. Muhammad Salim Qadri
21. Usama Salim Qadri
22. Dilshad Begum w/o Faqir Muhammad
23. Rifat khatoon d/o Noor Shah
24. Zahid Karim s/o Abdul Kareem
25. Simon Erik s/o Erik Aurther
26. Rifaat Rida w/o Kamran
A total of 31 bodies were brought to Civil Hospital, Karachi.
List of identified people from CHK as of 5:40pm on Sunday, May 24:
1. Lieutenant Balach Khan s/o Falak Sher
2. Syed Danish Shah s/o Syed Ahad shah
3. Asif Fayaz Raja s/o Fayaz Ahmed
4. Malik Zeeshan s/o Malik Muhammad Nawaz
5. Major Shaheryar s/o Fazal Muhammad
6. Fozia Arjumand w/o Arif
7. Anaya Farooq d/o Arif Iqbal
8. Shabbir Ahmed s/o Shaikh Bashir Ahmed.
In a separate tweet, Dawn Editor Zaffar Abbas confirmed that journalist Ansar Naqvi also died in the plane crash.
Bodies of all those identified have been handed over to their relatives.