Sunday, February 23, 2020  | 28 Jamadilakhir, 1441
Samaa TV
Facebook Twitter Youtube
HOME > News

Lahore sisters’ dowry destroyed in house fire

SAMAA | - Posted: Jan 9, 2020 | Last Updated: 1 month ago
Posted: Jan 9, 2020 | Last Updated: 1 month ago
Lahore sisters’ dowry destroyed in house fire

File photo

A family in Lahore was left devastated after a room of their house caught fire Thursday evening.

The room was where the family was storing the dowry of their two daughters. Bed sheets, cushions, clothes, bangles and cash were destroyed in the fire.

One of my daughters was going to get married after a month and a half, the father told SAMAA TV.

The fire erupted because the family forgot to turn off a gas heater in the room.

The father of the women said that he had collected dowry by saving every penny. “I don’t know what to do now”. 

The family has asked the government to raise awareness about the dangers of gas heaters so that no one has to go through what they did.

Follow SAMAA English on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

FaceBook WhatsApp
 
HOME  
 
 
RELATED STORIES
 

Tell us what you think:

Your email address will not be published.

FaceBook WhatsApp
 

 
 
 
 
 
Lahore, fire, dowry, sisters
 
MOST READ
MOST READ
 
 
 
 
 
About Us   |   Anchor Profiles   |   Online Advertising   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Apps   |   FAQs
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   YouTube   |   WhatsApp