HOME > Government

Woman and her son die after drinking ‘poisonous’ tea in Rawalpindi

March 30 , 2019

A woman and her son died after consuming tea which was allegedly poisonous in Rawalpindi Bohar Bazaar on Saturday.

Three others of the same family -– the woman’s husband and two other children – were admitted to the hospital. They are in critical condition.

Police say they found a bottle of poison while searching the family’s house. DSP Aijaz Shah said initial investigation suggests the family was poisoned. The bottle of poison was found in the kitchen, he said.

Related: Hospital confirms five children died of food poisoning in Karachi

A neighbour had called rescue officials and the police after seeing all members of the family unconscious.

The neighbour, Waseem, who is a nephew of the family’s landlord, said he saw the entire family lying unconscious from his gallery. Some of them were shifted to the hospital in an ambulance and some on a rickshaw, he said.

Follow SAMAA English on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

 


Tell us what you think:

Your email address will not be published.

 
RELATED STORIES
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
MOST READ