A man fled the Supreme Court Karachi Registry premises Thursday morning after a bench headed by Chief Justice Asif Saeed Khosa rejected his bail plea.
The suspect had been getting continuous bail in a murder case for the past seven years.
Justice Khosa said it was a shock for him that a suspect had been getting interim bail for the past seven years.
Can anyone justify him being granted bail for seven years, asked the top judge. The message should go to the Sindh High Court and trial court as well, he said.
Related: Action only taken in 8 out of 350 workplace harassment cases in Sindh, Supreme Court told
The Sindh High Court has announced its verdict after five years of interim bail being granted to the suspect, said Justice Khosa.
The additional prosecutor-general said that the suspect had killed a man in 2012 and injured another person. A case has been lodged against him at the Hyderabad police station, explained the prosecutor.
The suspect’s lawyer said he and his victim had a fight over land.
Follow SAMAA English on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.