A man was killed and and six people injured after a gas leak at a house in Quetta led to a roof collapse Sunday.
According to the police, the incident occurred at a house on Madni Street, near Kansi Road. Gas leaked in the house overnight, causing an explosion in the morning when someone lit a match. The explosion caused the roof to cave in.
Initially, seven people were injured in the accident and were identified as 35-year-old Sajjad Ahmed, 14-year-old Muddasir Ahmed, 12-year-old Mubashir Ahmed, seven-year-old Iman Bibi, 15-year-old Muhammad Azeem, Alishba and Javeria.
They were taken to Civil Hospital and the Burns Centre at BMC where Sajjad passed away.
His family is blaming his death on the lack of doctors at the hospital. They want the police to arrest one doctor at the hospital and investigate what happened. However, the doctor says Sajjad had been burned on 80% of his body and died because he was brought to the hospital too late.