Tuesday, September 17, 2019  | 17 Muharram, 1441 | BETA
Samaa TV
Facebook Twitter Youtube
HOME > Latest

Man injured after his mobile phone explodes in Lahore

March 29, 2019
 

Photo: Quora

A man was injured after his mobile phone exploded in Lahore Thursday night.

Forty-year-old Harris put his phone on charge at night and then kept it under his pillow. He was sleeping when the phone exploded.

He was taken to Jinnah Hospital for treatment. Doctors said that he has been burned on 20% of his body.

“The bed caught fire first and then it spread everywhere,” said Jinnah Burn Centre Executive Director Muazzam Nazir Tarrar.

Related: How safe it is to charge your phone at night?

Harris couldn’t even breathe properly when he was brought in, he said on SAMAA TV’s programme Naya Din. “We kept him in the ICU till his condition improved.”

There are burn marks on his face, back and other parts of his body. “He may even need plastic surgery.”

Prof Tarrar said that Harris’ condition is out of danger now. “His health will improve over time”

He advised people against charging their phones at night.

Follow SAMAA English on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

 
 
RELATED STORIES
 

31 Comments

  1. Avatar
    Grayson   March 29, 2019 6:40 pm/ Reply

    What? The man put his phone UNDER the pillow. Of course it was gonna explode…

    • Avatar
      Ifzah   April 4, 2019 2:15 am/ Reply

      Stop being sad on him because what if it happens to u or 1 of your family members

  2. Avatar
    Nadeem   March 29, 2019 8:05 pm/ Reply

    Please tell us witch mobile was explodes.

    Thanks

    • Avatar
      Forget my name   March 30, 2019 7:03 pm/ Reply

      To everyone: IT WAS A SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 7 WHICH ALREADY IS A BANNED PHONE BECAUSE OF ITS BATTERY ISSUE CAUSING IT TO EXPLODE.

    • Avatar
      Masood   March 30, 2019 11:05 pm/ Reply

      Samsung S7 edge

    • Avatar
      Sheikh   March 31, 2019 1:12 pm/ Reply

      Samsung g6

  3. Avatar
    Rizwan Butt   March 29, 2019 8:26 pm/ Reply

    That’s why I hate Samsung phones

  4. Avatar
    Qudratullah   March 29, 2019 8:37 pm/ Reply

    Charge your phone of course at night but don’t use your phone as a pillow during charging.

  5. Avatar
    sam   March 30, 2019 1:29 am/ Reply

    we should b careful about it.

  6. Avatar
    Baloch   March 30, 2019 2:01 am/ Reply

    Pagal ka bacha charging pe laga k use kr rha hoga.

    • Avatar
      Masood   March 30, 2019 11:08 pm/ Reply

      ik banda icu main ha aur tm gali day rhy ho pagal ka bacha yeh cheez kisi k satb b ho skti ha ha os k liye dua krny ki bjaye bkwas krng lag jaty ho comments main

    • Avatar
      Affan   March 31, 2019 3:04 am/ Reply

      What sort of language is that?

  7. Avatar
    Umar   March 30, 2019 4:24 am/ Reply

    kindly also mentioned the brand of mobile phone

    • Avatar
      Sheikh   March 31, 2019 1:15 pm/ Reply

      Samsung j6

  8. Avatar
    Aslam   March 30, 2019 7:45 am/ Reply

    Frequently warnings are given that leaving phone charger overnight or using while charging could catch fire or exploded in hand.

  9. Avatar
    Kashif ch   March 30, 2019 6:52 pm/ Reply

    Maine 2001 se Aaj tak Samsung Nokia qmobile brand use kiye hain. Or hamesha raat ko charging pe laga kar so jate hain. Aaj tak aisa nai howa. Zaroor is banday ka mobile phone kharab ho ga ya charger 2 number use kia ho ga. Or koi waja nai ho sakti.

  10. Avatar
    M. Yunas Raja   March 30, 2019 7:29 pm/ Reply

    Problem was not with brand but putting under pillow while charging. I always charge at night so that it is fully charged when I leave for work. There is never a problem. The charger is always away from my bed.

  11. Avatar
    Khan   March 30, 2019 8:09 pm/ Reply

    Which phone was explodes???

  12. Avatar
    Khurram   March 31, 2019 12:24 am/ Reply

    Its samsung galaxy s7 edge

    • Avatar
      Sheikh   March 31, 2019 1:16 pm/ Reply

      Samsung j6

  13. Avatar
    Haddi   March 31, 2019 3:25 am/ Reply

    He was palying the pubg.. Thats the reason of explosion..

  14. Avatar
    Sayyam   March 31, 2019 6:57 am/ Reply

    Really

    • Avatar
      Sheikh   March 31, 2019 1:16 pm/ Reply

      Yes

  15. Avatar
    Shazia Khan   March 31, 2019 11:03 am/ Reply

    Ye hadsa kisi k saath b ho sakta ha zarori nahi k phone Samsung hi ho kui phone tablet ipad b ho sakta ha so plz kuch b bolne se phele socha kare.Allaha us hamare bahi ko sehat de aur ham sab ko mahfooz rahke.

  16. Avatar
    Kazmi   March 31, 2019 11:13 am/ Reply

    During charging battery become hot as in UPS. The fresh air keeps cool it. But if you put it under your pillow it will become more and more hot with no cooling. So battery exploded.

  17. Avatar
    Sheikh   March 31, 2019 1:14 pm/ Reply

    Mobile charge par nahi Tha

  18. Avatar
    HAFIZ USMAN   March 31, 2019 1:28 pm/ Reply

    I think its due to over charging of mobile or may be battery problem….And we can say that it was hus bad luck bcz mostly people use their mobiles while charging them.And i don’t think its a brand problem either its Samsung or Q.Mobile.Bcz we can’t calim that every device is 100% harmless and safe.So may ALLAH Pak bless that guy with good health as soon as possible.Ameen!

  19. Avatar
    Fahad   April 2, 2019 2:23 pm/ Reply

    May Allah cure Harris from the burn injury. May he have a speedy recovery. Ameen.

  20. Avatar
    abc   April 3, 2019 8:06 am/ Reply

    The phone did not explode but caught fire that is why there are only burn injuries and nno splinter injuries.
    Explosion is reporting sensitsation

  21. Avatar
    Abdullah   April 5, 2019 6:35 am/ Reply

    Samsung Galaxy S7

  22. Avatar
    Sarfraz   April 5, 2019 2:47 pm/ Reply

    Is mia kisi bhe Mobile ka fault nahe ha agr koi bhe mobile charging pa laga k pillow k nichy rakho gy to wo over charge or heat ki waja sy explosion ho ga he….
    Kuch log apni pasand or na pasand ki waja sy ak product ko badnam krna shru kr daty han…

Tell us what you think:

Your email address will not be published.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
MOST READ