The Foreign Office has issued a list of Pakistanis missing 30 hours after the two deadly attacks on mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand on Friday.
According to the Foreign Office spokesperson, there are nine Pakistanis who have been reported missing.
However, two of the names on the Foreign Office’s list are of people whose family says they have died.
The list comprises:
- Zeeshan Raza
- The father of Zeeshan Raza
- The mother of Zeeshan Raza
- Haroon Mahmood (son of Shahid Mahmood) age 40
- Sohail Shahid (son of Muhammad Shabbir) age 40
- Syed Areeb Ahmed (son of Ayaz Ahmed) age 26
- Syed Jahanand Ali, age 34
- Talha Naeem, age 22
- Naeem Rashid
Family sources have confirmed that Talha Naeem and Naeem Rashid have died.
On Saturday, a New Zealand court charged the primary suspect in the shootings with murder. The 28-year-old Australian, identified as Brenton Harrison Tarrant, killed 49 people and injured 48 others after he opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch on Friday.