Thursday, January 28, 2021  | 13 Jamadilakhir, 1442
Samaa TV
Facebook Twitter Youtube
HOME > Government

Fake accounts case: Qaim Ali Shah interrogated by NAB for 40 minutes

He has been given 10 days to answer a questionnaire given by the JIT

SAMAA | - Posted: Mar 27, 2019 | Last Updated: 2 years ago
SAMAA |
Posted: Mar 27, 2019 | Last Updated: 2 years ago
Fake accounts case: Qaim Ali Shah interrogated by NAB for 40 minutes

He has been given 10 days to answer a questionnaire given by the JIT

Former Sindh chief minister Qaim Ali Shah appeared before the interrogators of the national anti-graft body in the fake accounts case on Wednesday.

The National Accountability Bureau’s CIT [combined investigation team] handed a questionnaire as he left the bureau’s old headquarters in Islamabad before being interrogated for 40 minutes.

The former CM has been given a 10-day deadline to submit his answers. NAB said it will make a decision after his answer are received.

Related: Fake accounts case: Court summons Asif Zardari and Faryal Talpur on April 8

NAB is finalising its investigation into the case to file a reference in the accountability court. The NAB’s JIT grilled the former CM in connection with the alleged sale of Thatta and Dadu sugar mills to the Omni Group at cheap rates.

Shah was critical of NAB after the appearance. “I wasn’t told what wrong I had committed,” said the former CM. “If something wrong was taking place 10 to 20 years ago, these notices should have been issued then,” he said.

“It was a strict notice. It was the only notice I received in my 55-year long political life,” Shah said.

PPP leader Farhatullah Babar also spoke to the media. “NAB has turned into a political institution,” he said. “It’s being used for political maneuvering.”

After the incident involving Brigadier Asad Munir, the incumbent NAB chairperson has lost justification to stay on his position any longer, he said.

Related: Former Sindh CM Qaim Ali Shah seeks pre-arrest bail in fake accounts case

Earlier in the day, when the former CM arrived at the NAB office, PPP leaders, including Babar and Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar, were stopped at the first picket and only Shah was allowed to proceed to the NAB office.

NAB also interrogated incumbent chief minister Murad Ali Shah on March 25.

On January 7, the Supreme Court sent the fake accounts case to NAB and told it to wrap up the investigation in two months.

Follow SAMAA English on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

FaceBook WhatsApp
 
HOME  
 
 
RELATED STORIES

Tell us what you think:

Your email address will not be published.

FaceBook WhatsApp
 

 
 
 

MOST READ
MOST READ
Lahore administration demolishes part of Khokhar Palace
Rawalpindi man hit by train while ‘filming TikTok’
COVID-19 vaccine updates in Pakistan and around the world
Pak Suzuki fails to deliver Cultus, Swift over supply issues
Pakistani builder making ‘exact’ copy of Paris in Gujranwala
NADRA to issue succession certificates in two weeks
Watch: Rana Sanaullah makes a roaring entry to Lahore court
 
 
 
 
 
About Us   |   Anchor Profiles   |   Online Advertising   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Apps   |   FAQs   |   Authors   |   Comment Policy
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   YouTube   |   WhatsApp