Wednesday, June 26, 2019  | 22 Shawwal, 1440 | BETA
HOME > Government

She’s back: Maryam returns to social media with an emotional message for her parents

December 23, 2018

Maryam Nawaz is back on the social media after almost six months.

She prayed to God to have mercy on her parents in a message on Twitter, a day before the verdict in Al Azizia and Flagship references.

Immediately after her tweet, #WelcomeBackMaryamNawaz became the top trend in Pakistan.

The political figure who had come into prominence for her fiery speeches has been silent since she was convicted in the Avenfield properties case. She was sentenced to prison on July 6 and released on September 19. She has been mum on the social media platform since July 24.

Mohammad Mazhar   December 23, 2018 11:03 pm/ Reply

Please do not try to gain sympathy from the nation. It is very true that in Islam people are not supposed to talk bad things about deceased. But the fact remain her mother was a smart woman and she should be well aware of all lavish lifestyle and all expensive properties and did not question her husband then she is as guilty as her husband.

A Salam   December 23, 2018 11:14 pm/ Reply

All sympathies for her but she must not forget to be fearful ALLAH WRATH OF JUSTICE and face the consequence of illicit illegal doings.

arfan aslam khan   December 24, 2018 2:58 am/ Reply

I wish to see this one of the MOST cunning lady behind bars for a long long time for her lying and wrong doing,Once she is out of the way and then get other mafia gangs and that is the only way one can run the govenment for betterment of Pakistan.Let us hope NS is get what he deserve at least 20 years.

Zulfi   December 24, 2018 8:05 am/ Reply

Go behind bars

Ali   December 24, 2018 12:13 pm/ Reply

Unfortunate…. But, Makafat e amal,.

Ali   December 24, 2018 2:45 pm/ Reply

All I want to know is where did the 280,000 billion dollars go?

Imran Sheikh   December 24, 2018 4:40 pm/ Reply

Before Allah forgives him the people he has sinned against have to forgive him.
    I don’t see any remorse or apology in his talk or that of his family.
    I hope his sentences run consecutively so he has 19 years to reflect on how he abused tgd trust people put in him.

Mussarat azhar mehr   December 24, 2018 4:58 pm/ Reply

Shareef family is a rich family for decades…..why you people cant swollow their family position…Nawaz shareef and shahbaz shareef along with Mariam and Hamza capt safdar did alot for the country…why this much thanklessness.?

javed khan   December 24, 2018 7:16 pm/ Reply

please don’t get people sympathy this is all reaction of your black deeds and proud that you say ” rok sako tu roko”. as you sow so shall you reap.

Malik Shafi   December 25, 2018 2:38 pm/ Reply

If Mian Sharif was born in a civilized nation he would have been honored greatly. Every industrialist in this country has apartments in London. I urge Maryam to put a brave face in this hour of trial. I can’t simply believe his father is a corrupt person.

Danish H   December 25, 2018 3:10 pm/ Reply

Yes let me thank them all today for hijacking our kids future. Let me thank them for starving our poor. Let me thank them for depriving our youth with education and opportunities. Let me thank them by oppressing our weak and disabled. Let me thank them by looting the pensions of our widows and let me thank them for this inflation over petrol, gas, food, medical necessities. I wanna thank them so much more with Mussarrat but I am out of space. I feel so ashamed on behalf of our great nation for all this thankless – Ness we have shown to all the Shareefs in the Shareef family.

bella   December 25, 2018 5:34 pm/ Reply

As you sow.. So shall you reap.. Accept it Miss Maryam.. Don’t yell to cover your family shortcomings..

Ali   December 26, 2018 12:57 am/ Reply

Shared did alot but you all are are wrong regarding him,lets see what” rok sako to rok”… Hahahaha night mare, future is coming and PTI is still unmature

abiha   December 26, 2018 6:08 am/ Reply

May Allah bless her in both jaahan ameen