Here is some of the news we’re following today, Tuesday, from Pakistan and the rest of the world.
- Amnesty International has stripped Aung San Suu Kyi of its highest humanitarian award for her “shameful betrayal” of the values she once stood for. The organisation is the latest to slam Myanmar’s civilian head for her treatment of Rohingya Muslims in the country.
- Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif is expected to appear before the accountability court in Islamabad in the Al Azizia and Flagship references. This is the 109th case hearing.
ICYMI: NAB was recently allowed to submit new evidence in the case.
- Pakistani drama and film actor Asad Malik was detained at the Lahore airport for possessing 83 submachine gun rounds and will be presented before a court today.
- Good news for residents of Lahore: The smog engulfing the city for the past few weeks is dissipating after it rained. The smog has caused many residents of the city to experience breathing problems.
- Marvel comics icon Stan Lee has passed away at the age of 95. Read more here.