Monday, July 6, 2020  | 14 ZUL-QAADAH, 1441
Samaa TV
Facebook Twitter Youtube
HOME > News

NATO raid: Pak army dissatisfied with ISAF probe

SAMAA | - Posted: Nov 29, 2011 | Last Updated: 9 years ago
SAMAA |
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 | Last Updated: 9 years ago
NATO raid: Pak army dissatisfied with ISAF probe

Staff ReportRAWALPINDI: The Pakistan Army has expressed its dissatisfaction with the International Security Assistance Force investigations being carried out to establish facts behind the lethal NATO strike in Mohmand Agency, killing 24 soldiers on Saturday.On the other hand, Prime Minister Gilani announced to summon joint session of the parliament whereas the federal cabinet decided in principle not to addend the Bonn Conference.In a briefing to media men at GHQ here, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) officials said the US-led NATO forces advertently targeted Salala check post located in Mohmand Agency, and that ISAF, the NATO-led security mission in Afghanistan, purposely opened gunfire on Pakistani security officials in the tribal area.They told newsmen that the shelling on Salala check post remained continued for about two hours, adding that Pakistan did not retaliate. The ISPR official said the resolution of the issue would be sought in concert with the government, adding Pakistan’s border was violated in the attack on November 26.The authorizes said Pakistan had not so far received any inquiry report from ISAF of NATO officials regarding three major attacks on Pakistani soil.About issue of vacating the Balochistan’s Shamsi Airbase, army officials said a formal letter in this regard had been sent.Pakistan on Monday rejected a request by United Arab Emirates to withdraw its demand of vacating Shamsi Airbase, advising Islamabad to demonstrate patience till completion of investigations by NATO and ISAF.The request was made by UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zeyed Al-Nahyan at a one-on-one meeting with President Asif Ali Zardari in the federal capital.Pakistan to boycott Bonn mootThe federal cabinet, met with the PM in chair, decided to boycott next week’s Bonn Conference on Afghanistan, strongly condemning the NATO/ISAF attacks. It announced that cooperation with US, NATO and ISAF will also be reviewed by Islamabad.Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar on the occasion briefed the participants about the details of the attack.The PM Gilani said “the NATO attack stands in violation of Pakistan’s national sovereignty as well as it is against the international laws.””Life is definitely precious to everyone; but, we want to live with honor,” PM Gilani said. “We will not compromise on issues of national significance; instead, we will take stand on them. We request our nation to stand by us,” PM Gilani resolved. SAMAA

FaceBook WhatsApp
 
HOME  
 
 
RELATED STORIES

Tell us what you think:

Your email address will not be published.

FaceBook WhatsApp
 

 
 
 
MOST READ
MOST READ
 
 
 
 
 
About Us   |   Anchor Profiles   |   Online Advertising   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Apps   |   FAQs   |   Authors   |   Comment Policy
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   YouTube   |   WhatsApp