We will keep updating this story. Last update: 11:56am, Saturday, May 23, 2020.
Known case updates as of 11:56am, Saturday, May 23, 2020
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 7,391
Azad Jammu and Kashmir: 171
Deaths from the virus as of 11:56am, Saturday, May 23, 2020
So far, 1,074 people have died of the virus in Pakistan.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 381
Azad Jammu and Kashmir: 1
Graph by Farhan Afsar/SAMAA Digital
What should I do if I suspect I or someone in my family has coronavirus?
Don’t panic. There are government helplines you can call for help.
Sindh helplines: 021-99203443, 021-99204405.
Federal helpline: 1166
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa helpline: 1700
Balochistan: Two options given below
Punjab: 0800 99 000
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Cough, fever, difficulty breathing, tiredness, loss of smell (reported in some patients)
Which authorities should I contact?
Your government helplines
What will they do?
They will guide you about the next steps. You will be connected to a doctor who will take your medical and travel history. You will be told whether you need to be tested or not.
If you need to be tested health authorities will send an ambulance your way to take you to a hospital isolation ward. Your contacts will be traced and also tested.
What precautions should I take to protect myself from COVID-19?
Where can I go to get tested? (Updated May 9)
All Divisional Headquarters hospitals
Lahore: Mayo Hospital, Expo Centre, Pakistan Kidney and Liver Institute, Shaukat Khanum and Chughtai Lab
Karachi: AKUH Karachi, Dow OJHA, Indus Hospital, SIUT, Chughtai Lab, PNS Shifa, Essa Lab, Civil Hospital, Liaquat National, Ziauddin Hospital
Hyderabad: LUMHS Hospital
Peshawar: Khyber Medical University, Hayatabad Medical Complex, RMI, NWGH, Anwar Lab
Swat: Saidu Group of Teaching Hospitals
DI Khan: MMTH
Quetta: Fatima Jinnah Hospital
Taftan: Mobile testing unit
Islamabad: PIMS, NIH
Azad Jammu and Kashmir:
Muzaffarabad: Abbas Institute of Medical Sciences
Isolation wards and centres in Pakistan (Updated May 9)
1. AKUH Karachi
3.Dow OJHA, Karachi
4.Civil Hospital, Karachi
5. Liaquat Uni Hospital, Hyderabad
6. PMCH Nawabshah
7. Civil Hospital Mirpurkhas
8. GMMMC Sukkur
9. CMCH Larkana
10. Expo Centre Karachi
1.Mayo Hospital Lahore
2. PKLI Centre Lahore
3. Expo Centre Field Hospital Lahore
4. Nishtar Hospital Multan
5. Allama Iqbal Memorial Hospital Sialkot
6. Allied Teaching Hospital, Faisalabad
7. Sheikh Zayed Hospital, Rahim Yar Khan
1. Khyber Medical University, Peshawar
2. Hayatabad Medical Complex, Peshawar
3. RMI, Peshawar
4. NWGH, Peshawar
5. Swat: Saidu Group of Teaching Hospitals
6. Abbottabad: ATH
7. DI Khan: MMTH
1. Sheikh Zayed Hospital, Quetta
2. Prince Fahad/ DHQ Hospital, Dalbandin, Chaghi
3. Jam Mir Ghulam Qadir Hospital Hub Lasbela
4. DHQ Hospital, Uthal, Lasbela
5. DHQ Hospital Gwadar
6. Red Crecent Hospital, Gwadar
7. GDA Hospital, Gwadar
8. GDA Hospital, Gwadar
9. DHQ Teaching Hospital, Turbat
What treatment approaches has Pakistan used for COVID-19 so far?
Doctors in Pakistan are trying a number of different approaches including:
1. Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine
3. Tocilizumab and Sarilumab
4. Convalescent plasma or immunoglobulins
7. Radiology for diagnosis
Read about them here.
Major stories from across Pakistan
Twitter handles to follow:
1. Zafar Mirza, State Minister of Health of Pakistan: @zfrmrza
2. National Institute of Health (NIH) Pakistan: @NIH_Pakistan
3. Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination: @nhsrcofficial
4.Health and Population Welfare Department, Sindh: @SindhHealthDpt
5. Dr Azra Fazal Pechuho, Minister of Health & Population Welfare Sindh: @AzraPechuho
6. Senator Murtaza Wahab, Sindh Government Spokesperson: @murtazawahab1
7. Taimur Khan Jhagra KP Finance and Health Minister: @Jhagra
8. Health Department KP: @HealthKPGovt
9. Usman Buzdar Punjab Chief Minister: @UsmanAKBuzdar
10. Dr Yasmin Rashid Punjab Minister For Primary & Secondary Healthcare: @Dr_YasminRashid
11. Health Department Punjab: @HealthPunjabGov
12. Jam Kamal Khan Balochistan Chief Minister: @jam_kamal
13. Liaquat Shahwani Balochistan Government Spokesperson: @LiaquatShahwani
14. Health Department Balochistan: @HealthDeptBlo
15. World Health Organisation Country Office in Pakistan: @WHOPakistan
16. Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Society of Pakistan MMIDSP: @mmidsp
17. Aga Khan University; @AKUGlobal
18. The Indus Hospital: @indus_hospital
19. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organisation: @DrTedros
20. UNICEF Pakistan: @UNICEF_Pakistan