TEHRAN: Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Thursday criticised “worn-out” US accusations that it was seeking a nuclear weapon to threaten the region and the world.
“Worn-out US accusations can’t mask its admission of Iran’s compliance” with a 2015 nuclear deal, Zarif wrote on Twitter.
Iran says its nuclear programme is purely for peaceful purposes but signed a deal with world powers to restrict its fuel enrichment for 10 years in exchange for sanctions relief.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Wednesday that Tehran has so far met its obligations, but that the deal could only delay Iran’s development of a nuclear weapon. – AFP