Netflix is going to be releasing a number of animated series over the next four years. This is the first time it has shared its plans much before releasing its shows. The online streaming service is known for surprise releases.
“The programming is designed to meet the tastes of every member of the family — from preschoolers to kids to parents and their children together so that families everywhere can find something that fits their unique DNA,” Netflix’s press release said.
The press release also revealed that 60% of Netflix users watch one or the other kind of family-oriented content every month. So it makes sense that they want to create more of it.
The list includes the animation series’ names and their release dates. Here are some of Netflix’s upcoming animation series.
- Maya and The Three (2021) is about a warrior princess
- My Father’s Dragon (2021) a 2D movie about a youngster finding a mythical beast
- Go! Go! Cory Carson (2019) is an animated toy show for preschoolers with Ratatouille and Finding Dory producers in the line-up
- Kid Cosmic (2020) is about a kid’s dream of becoming a superhero coming true
- Trash Truck (2020) is about a child becoming best friends with a trash truck
- The Willoughbys (2020) is about abandoned children adapting to the modern world.
This shows join other already announced productions like Jacob and the Sea Beast (2022), Klaus (2019), Mighty Little Bheem (2019) and Pinocchio (2021).
Netflix has also revealed plans to debut some films in movie theatres before their online release dates so that they can qualify for industry awards. The company is slowly attempting to re-brand itself as an entertainment conglomerate that can compete with traditional studios.