Tuesday, August 20, 2019  | 18 Zilhaj, 1440 | BETA
HOME > Corrections

SAMAA TV host apologises to Nasir Khan Jan

May 8, 2019

Social media star accepts apology

SAMAA TV anchor Muhammad Shueb has issued an apology to social media star Nasir Khan Jan over the harsh line of questioning he took on their May 6 episode while discussing one of the internet sensation’s videos.

“We had a guest on the show and I did not show him respect,” host Shueb said in a recorded segment on Wednesday. “I asked him some questions. The questions were wrong, the manner in which I asked them was wrong, and my style of asking them was wrong. It hurt the sentiments of Nasir Khan Jan, his fans, and our viewers. And I am deeply apologetic to all of you because what I did was extremely wrong.”

Shueb said that he had learnt a valuable lesson on respecting guests and asking them questions in an appropriate fashion.

Related: Naya Din, old values and the triumph of Nasir Khan Jan’s internet

He then spoke to Nasir Khan Jan to personally apologize. “I asked [you] some harsh questions. I am ashamed of the way I [did],” he said. “The questions, the way I asked, that was all wrong. I am deeply sorry about it.”

For his part, Nasir Khan Jan graciously accepted the apology and said that he was not holding on to the matter. “When we go on shows, they all ask us different questions,” he said. “Sometimes we are prepared beforehand and are able to easily handle the questions. Sometimes we are not prepared.”

Shueb once again apologized and said he deeply appreciated that Nasir Khan Jan was displaying an extraordinary generosity of spirit.

TOPICS:

Kamran Shafi   May 8, 2019 6:39 pm/ Reply

Great that the host apologised. Great that the apology was accepted. Kudos to both. Jeetay Raho Khush Raho…

Ali Raza   May 9, 2019 11:14 am/ Reply

Shoib showed his grace. Well done. It is very embarassing for a person who joins a show as a guest and he is humiliated just for the reason that someone dint like his style. Nasir khan is a great man. He is clean hearted n sincere.

SG   May 9, 2019 12:22 pm/ Reply

Muhammad Shueb, you are amazing !

Shahbano   May 9, 2019 2:45 pm/ Reply

Well done! It takes a lot of courage to apologise. And it takes an equal amount of grace to forgive.

Sonia   May 9, 2019 7:07 pm/ Reply

Samaa TV Channel obviously gave this Host the permission and power to behave this way. Unacceptable. Giving an apology after the fact to keep your viewers is disappointing. This Hosts entire demeanor during the interview was full of hatred. Just disgusting.

Anonymous   May 9, 2019 8:14 pm/ Reply

Nasir Khan Jan may have forgiven the host but we will not.

ZU   May 10, 2019 5:00 am/ Reply

I think the Samaa team is commenting over here, as all comments are positive. I strongly condemn this act of hate speech and criticism and should be handled legally. Apologizing on TV just because of the fear of losing your position and fans is not what apology is…

Aa   May 11, 2019 11:46 am/ Reply

Hats off to nasir khan Jan for showing such a big heart.
    This host is just disgusting, now apologising just to keep his viewership. The way he is apologizing still is not apologetic.

mishi   May 11, 2019 1:08 pm/ Reply

[…] Though I personally don’t like Nasir, a guest should not be treated in this way

Shazreh Khalid   May 11, 2019 2:39 pm/ Reply

this host should be sacked immediately

Sabir   May 13, 2019 10:26 pm/ Reply

Muhammad Shueb should still be fired from hosting the show. Harm is already done. Further the director of the show should also explain his failure to stop such sarcastic behavior by the ill-mannered host.

Imran   May 15, 2019 11:41 pm/ Reply

Fire this host should and it should be a lesson for all of anchors that you are paid to talk to them you are not doing a welfare
    Highly disappointed that samaa has not fired him yet
    Samaa is my favorite channel but
    If he is not fired then we should boycott samaa

Samir Jam   May 31, 2019 4:05 pm/ Reply

Absolutely disgusting, Who do you even think you are to be able to invite a guest and humiliate him? Your just a shallow flop host which Samaa tv was able to hire in minimum wage. What a shame to have a person as a tv anchor representing Pakistan media who cant even spell his name correctly. Mr host piece of advise. Achieve something big first before giving out your immature opinions.