US President Donald Trump has announced that member states of the newly formed Board of Peace will pledge more than $5 billion for Gaza’s reconstruction and humanitarian relief efforts at a high-level meeting this week.
In a post on Truth Social, Trump said the funding commitment will be formally unveiled on February 19 during the group’s first official meeting in Washington.
According to President Trump, Board of Peace member states have committed more than $5 billion toward humanitarian assistance and rebuilding efforts in Gaza.
The announcement is set to take place at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace in Washington, DC, a venue recently renamed by the State Department in his honour.
Trump said thousands of personnel will also be contributed to a United Nations-authorized International Stabilization Force, along with local police support, to help maintain security and stability in Gaza.
“Very importantly, Hamas must uphold its commitment to full and immediate demilitarization,” Trump wrote, adding that he believes the Board of Peace will become “the most consequential international body in history.”
First official meeting
The February 19 gathering will mark the first formal meeting of the Board of Peace, which was chartered in January. Nearly 20 countries are currently members, and delegations from more than 20 nations, including heads of state, are expected to attend.
The board’s creation was endorsed through a United Nations Security Council resolution as part of the Trump administration’s broader plan to end the war between Israel and Hamas in Gaza.
Seventeen countries initially signed the Gaza Board of Peace charter during a ceremony in Davos, Switzerland, in late January. The event included presidents and senior government officials from Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Central and Southeast Asia.
Israel joins as others remain cautious
Israel formally joined the Board of Peace last week ahead of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s meeting with Trump at the White House.
Regional powers such as Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Israel have joined the initiative, along with emerging nations including Indonesia.
However, some global powers and traditional Western US allies have been more cautious. The White House invited several countries, including Russia, Belarus, France, Germany, Vietnam, Finland, Ukraine, Ireland, Greece, and China, to join. Poland and Italy announced on Wednesday that they would not participate.
Israel-Hamas ceasefire
Israel and Hamas agreed to the US-backed peace plan last year, with a ceasefire officially taking effect in October.
Despite the agreement, both sides have repeatedly accused each other of violating the ceasefire terms. According to Gaza’s Health Ministry, more than 590 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli troops since the truce began.
Israel has reported that four of its soldiers have been killed by Palestinian militants during the same period.
As diplomatic efforts continue, the United States has also strengthened its military presence in the region.
Trump has deployed the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group and the USS Michael Murphy, a guided-missile destroyer, while US envoys hold talks with Iranian officials in Oman.
Additional US naval assets, including the USS Bulkeley, USS Roosevelt, USS Delbert D. Black, USS McFaul, USS Mitscher, USS Spruance, and USS Frank E. Petersen Jr, are positioned across key waterways surrounding Iran, from the eastern Mediterranean and Red Sea to the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea.
The moves underscore Washington’s parallel strategy of diplomacy and deterrence as it seeks to stabilize Gaza and the broader Middle East.







