KARACHI: The government has suspended mobile phone service in sensitive areas of Lahore, Karachi and other cities in the wake of terror warning, issued by the Interior Ministry earlier in the day.
The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has confirmed that cellular phone service has been blocked across Lahore.
The service will remain suspended till 2pm tomorrow (Monday).
In Karachi, the service has been suspended temporarily in Red Zone.
According to reports reaching here, two mobile phone operators have blocked their services in Quetta also.
Earlier, speaking to media persons, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said the government could suspend mobile phone service due to fear of terrorist attacks. He said the request was made by the provincial governments of Sindh and Punjab.
He warned that terrorists could strike Karachi, Lahore and Multan. SAMAA