KARACHI: Five members of a family became unconscious after eating poisonous food in Gizri area of the city on Thursday.
The incident occurred in Gizri’s Machhli Parra, street number 3, where five members of the same family were taken to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center (JPMC) in unconscious condition.
The family members included husband Azad, wife Shamim, three children Shafaq (11), Awais (8) and Muneeza (3).
Neighbors took them to the hospital.
After receiving the initial treatment, Shamim said that the family ate a packet of biscuits that was given by someone.
Doctors declared their condition out of danger. SAMAA